Computer virus, spyware, and malware removal in Guelph is a process where we aim to remove the infection. As such, it does not cause file removal or hard drive formatting. That being said, if your operating system is corrupted from the virus, then we would look to recover your files first and then reinstall your operating system. Bottom line, we will look to salvage your files so there is no file loss.
How do you know your computer is infected? What are common malware or virus symptoms?
- A popup that says you have a virus and asks you to enter private information. Do not click these scam pop-ups.
- Your computer is unexplainably running out of hard disk space.
- Friends and family tell you that you’re sending them SPAM emails.
- Your computer is running slow.
- Your computer or software crashes often.
- Your computer is constantly churning away – even when you’re not using it.
- Unusually high network activity.
- You are redirected to unwanted websites.
- New helpers or toolbars in your browser.
- Screen, keyboard or mouse lockups.
- Files are missing or corrupt.
- You can’t access internal or external drives, CD drives or USB drives.
- Popups and new programs running at startup.
- Unusually long startup.
What should you do if you suspect you have a virus?
Disconnect your computer from the internet. This will help protect your data and prevent further infections.
Bring your PC or Mac to GewTV Guelph. Our experts will diagnose your computer and get it back in tip-top shape. We’ll even recommend software and strategies to avoid reinfection
Call or text 519-265-6494, come by or message us now and get yourself back in the loop!!